D.C. Pickleball Team is a 2023 expansion team that will debut alongside eleven (11) other expansion teams in the 2023 Major League Pickleball (MLP) season. Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in America and there is no better time to be a part of the game. We aim to help grow and elevate the sport in every way we can. We hope that you'll join us in being a part of the pickleball movement!
There are currently 24 teams that each consist of two men and two women.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook (@dcpickleballteam), Twitter (@dcpickleball_tm), and TikTok (d.c.pickleballteam). Join the conversation by using #DCPT
Merchandise is available at the DCPT Shop in the link above.
If you are interested in a partnership with D.C. Pickleball Team please email us at email@example.com. We look forward to connecting with you!
The year will be divided into two “seasons” of three events – in the first season, 12 teams will compete in the MLP Premier Level (the first 48 drafted players) and 12 will compete in the MLP Challenger Level (the next 48 drafted players), with rosters consisting of two men and two women. The teams will then flip levels and re-draft players for the second season. With the expansion to 24 teams, MLP is offering up to $5 million in prize money and payouts to its players in 2023.
Results for the 2023 year across both seasons and Levels will place the Top 12 performing teams into the higher-tier MLP Premier Level and the Bottom 12 performing teams into the up-and-comer MLP Challenger Level for 2024, with a promotion and relegation system in place to allow for team mobility.
The locations for the 2023 MLP seasons are:
● Jan. 26-29 – Mesa, AZ – Legacy Sports USA
● March 23-26 – Daytona Beach, FL – Pictona at Holly Hill
● June 15-18 – San Clemente, CA – Life Time Rancho San Clemente
● Season One Championship: Monday night, June 19
● Sept. 21-24 – Atlanta, GA – Life Time Peachtree Corners
● Nov. 2-5 – Dallas, TX – Brookhaven Country Club
● Dec. 7-10 – San Clemente, CA – Life Time Rancho San Clemente
● Season Two Championship: Monday night, December 11